Robert will teach his approach to nature travel photography and share his thoughts on seeing and photographing this unique habitat. Too many people travel through the Everglades environment and never truly see it. For those that shoot in JPEG, learn how to get the most out of your camera. While traveling in the van, there will also be a discussion on the mechanics and creative use of aperture and shutter speed.
Nature First Principles:
- Prioritize the well-being of nature over photography.
- Educate yourself about the places you photograph.
- Reflect on the possible impact of your actions.
- Use discretion if sharing locations.
- Know and follow the rules and regulations.
- Always follow Leave No Trace principles and strive to leave places better than you found them.
- Actively promote and educate others about these principles.
A note from Robert,
Let me share my passion for photographing nature with you and help inspire you to find your muse and define your style.
- Camera manuel if you need help navigating the menu
- Lenses: 16-35 mm, 24-70mm, 70-200mm
- Tripod is optional
- Who am I kidding? Bring it all! We will be in a van after all!
- The “What to Bring” items are only suggestions for those unsure of what to bring.
- As for the camera and lens, bring what you are comfortable using or something new that you would like to learn and experiment with.
- I will carry a camera with a 28 mm – 300 mm lens and a tripod.